locked Re: Don't Make Assumptions!

Angel

When one talks of dignity. Sighted people who are forced, through circumstances, to go to charitable organizations to keep water on, as was my son, shouldn't be told, as was my son: "If you paid your bill, you wouldn't be here." He was told that by a person who worked for the charity. Who wouldn't have told a blind person the same thing. I will bet. As for picking things from trash cans. If those who threw out such wanted to keep what they threw out, they wouldn't have thrown it out in the first place.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cristóbal" <cristobalmuli@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2018 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: Don't Make Assumptions!

This is absurd. I'm not going to waste my time fretting over what addiction someone who is going through my trash when I'm dead asleep may or may not have. They can just as easily simply be trying to get enough funds together to keep their light or heat on. You or I are not going to know whether or not either scenario is true. I’m much less going to chaperone a homeless person to place X, Y or Z to make sure they don't spend the whole two dollars I just gave them unwisely.
Seriously, what are we talking about here?

Cristóbal