Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2018 5:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Angel,

VFO is the conglomerate that bought Freedom Scientific and a couple other companies several years ago, but kept the individual company names.

Then, they added AI Squared. AI Squared had recently bought out/merged with GW Micro; so VFO then owned JAWS, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, Optelec and I think something else.

STILL, they kept the individual companies identities in tact.

Then, as many of us still mourn, they got rid of Window-Eyes and soon after that pretty much got rid of Magic and made ZoomText their magnifier and JAWS their only screen Reader, and also made Fusion now a combined JAWS and ZoomText instead of ZoomText and Window-Eyes which it was with AI Squared.

Now, they bought some other company whose name escapes me and rebranded themselves as Vispero. But, still, all the individual companies have their own name and function.

Welcome to the world of the conglomerate take over.

The same thing has happened and is happening in the media world. Radio stations are owned by a handful of companies now when 30 or 40 years ago, many more were independantly owned, or were part of a very small group.

HTH

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Nov 2, 2018, at 11:24 PM, Angel <angel238@...> wrote:

I am confused.  What is Freedom Scientific called these days.  I thought it was called Foe.  Now, I hear it is called Vispero.