Re: Jaws and International Phonetic Alphabet

Thanks, Nermin, now I learned something, "Postalphabet", I didn't know that one. I am german and speak it fluently, but I left there 29 years ago at the age of 22 so especially technology terms are sometimes more familiar to me in English than in German.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nermin via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2018 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and International Phonetic Alphabet

Hi Sieghard,

no, that would be the military alphabet or, as you’d rather say in German, “Postalphabet”. IPA is the international phonetic alphabet, which uses symbols to represent the sounds used in different languages. Vowels, different phoneme combinations, etc., are represented visually for someone to be able to pronounce a word or sentence properly (Lautschrift).

As for the original question, here is a page trying to make JaWS cope with IPA, but I don’t know if it’s being maintained.

And another for Braille and IPA:

Regards,

Nermin