locked Re: Need Details On New Annual Jaws Home Subscription

David & his pack of dogs

If memory serves me correct, you can get emails from outlook as part of office 365 even if your subscription runs out.  You just cannot reply to the messages. The nice thing about the SMA is you can put it on as many computers as you want providing of course you own them.  Apparently, 5 computers are licensed but, you just need to tell them you need more activations.  I went through 2 lap tops in one year.  One, the hard drive went and the battery on a full charge, only lasted for 11 minutes.  I cannot remember why the other one went.  Point is the license and Sma can be used for more then one computer, thus you can make it work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: November 2, 2018 9:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Thank you Al for saying this. I really wonder why Maria, Gerald and a few others who seem to have little good to say about Vispero and Jaws just don't use NVDA. Of course I doubt they would ever think of contributing to the development of NVDA by making a $5 or $10 donation, but that's OK (for now at least).

As for Gerald's awesome idea to buy a subscription every two years I hate to disappoint him, but I have a feeling that Vispero has thought of that. After all, a subscription is a subscription and that means whatever you get during your subscription period you will not get if you end the subscription. In other words, I assume if you stopped paying the subscription Jaws would simply revert to 40-minute demo mode since when it starts up and goes online to the Vispero server to check the license it will see "Gerald hasn't paid up, go into 40 minute mode".

This is no different from Office 365, you can download and use all the Office apps as long as your Office 365 subscription is active, if you cancel your payment you get a message that you can still use certain features which are free, i.e. I think you can still open files and view them, but you can't edit them etc.

Best regards,

Sieghard