Re: Jaws and International Phonetic Alphabet

What exactly is meant by IPA? Does it refer to Jaws saying "bravo" for b?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 4:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and International Phonetic Alphabet

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 01:08 PM, Lev wrote:

Is it possible to jaws to read IPA (international Phonetic Alphabet) symbols?

This is a serious question:   Read them how?  or  Read them as what?

Most IPA symbols do not, to my knowledge, have single-syllable names such as most letters do.   I can't conceive of what would be used for the IPA character to name for single character by character reading.  If you start getting into the diacritics it gets even messier.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz