Re: Can scripts be made for particular websites?

I have the same issue with the Payroll service I use for my business. In order to process the payroll everybody's hours need to be entered in a grid and Jaws also sees the entire grid as a single item or something like that. I mentioned to my rep there that I'd like to speak to somebody about accessibility and point out some of these difficulties and about a week later I got an email from one of their top people who asked if I would be available 3 days from that time for a conference call where he was going to have some of the web developers who maintain the site available to have a look. I showed them my screen and how difficult/impossible it was to do this and they consequently thanked me and asked if I would be willing to test this for them if they made changes. They also were hoping to contact Vispero to get some guidance on what they would need to do. I was very pleasantly surprised by their responsiveness and willingness to try and improve this, it won't happen over ight, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Have you tried to contact the company whose service/application this is? I thought there are also laws in the US as far as accessibility is concerned.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 7:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can scripts be made for particular websites?

Hello,

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon