Re: Can scripts be made for particular websites?

Shannon

Ok thanks I’ll dig around in the help and see what is there for the web page settings.

Appreciate the pointer.

Shannon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 9:10 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Can scripts be made for particular websites?

Yes, I am almost positive that one can now script a particular web page.  In addition, and perhaps more attainable, In Quick Settings, you can also change settings for a specific (current) page.  You can label elements, perhaps use place markers. 

Thought-provoking reading: http://bahaiteachings.org

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 10:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can scripts be made for particular websites?

Hello,

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.