Re: How to make jaws read number of items

George Gray

Nope! Not with JAWS 2018. Thanks.

On 11/2/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:
Try insert+tab instead of enter+tab. also, sometimes the status line
tells the how many of how many--insert+numpad 3.
At 08:07 AM 11/2/2018, you wrote:
I also have this situation. It appears that somehow a maximum of 13
is the count in any Folder where I have many additional files.

If I pres Enter + T it reads the file name and whatever it's place in
13. And, when I press Enter + Tab I hear the same.

Thanks.

On 11/2/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:
In most cases, insert+tab will read the current item, plus how many
of how many.

I hope this works in your case.
At 05:29 AM 11/2/2018, you wrote:
I used to use window eyes. It would read the number if items in a
folder after reading off a file name. Is there a way to do this in
jaws? Right now jaws only reads item names in file explorer not how
many items there afterwards

Thanks

Jim

--