Re: How to make jaws read number of items

Richard Turner

I went to my "my documents" folder and pressed insert+tab and this is what I heard:
Not Selected 2016Low-Vision Expo images‎8/‎22/‎2018 ‏‎5:29 AM File folder 1 of 885

Jaws 2019, Windows 10

But, Window-Eyes would have read the index number automatically.

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Gray
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 6:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to make jaws read number of items

I also have this situation. It appears that somehow a maximum of 13 is the count in any Folder where I have many additional files.

If I pres Enter + T it reads the file name and whatever it's place in 13. And, when I press Enter + Tab I hear the same.

Thanks.

On 11/2/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:
In most cases, insert+tab will read the current item, plus how many of
how many.

I hope this works in your case.
At 05:29 AM 11/2/2018, you wrote:
I used to use window eyes. It would read the number if items in a
folder after reading off a file name. Is there a way to do this in
jaws? Right now jaws only reads item names in file explorer not how
many items there afterwards

Thanks

Jim

--