Re: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Van Lant, Robin

Al,

I don’t’ recall how calendar searches worked in past versions, but here is what I do in Outlook 2016.  Go into the Calendar. Hit Control E to the Search edit box.  Type your search term.  If you have office sounds turned on, you’ll heard a little run of ascending tones as the search completes.  Now, hit F6 until you hear JAWS say list view then arrow down through the options.  I noticed in my text just now that it pulls in calendar related items, such as meeting invitation notices.  In a home calendar this is likely fine, but certainly adds clutter to search results in a setting where you send meeting invitations to people.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:04 AM
To: JFWList <jfw@groups.IO>
Subject: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114