From: "John Covici" <covici@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: Alternative disk management software accessible using a screen-reader

You have to select the drive first and then the partition if there is
more than one and then you can delete it. Do help while you are in
diskpart for more information.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 05:43:24 -0400,
Dave Durber wrote:

Hello John:

Following several searches on line, for instructions on how to
delete a partition/volume on a USB memory stick, several of which
suggested I type the command line:

delete partition

When I tried this command, Windows displayed the message:

No drive is selected.

Then I came across a sight which suggested the command:

clean

which did the trick

Once I closed DiskPart and closed the CMD window, I used the
partition and format manager to see if the entire 64 GB was now
available as . unalocated space.

I'm sorry to say, for me anyway, the only unalocated space
available, was 8 GB.

So, it looks like the rest of the available space between 8 GB an
64 GB no longer exists, that is as far as Windows is concerned.

So, I am off to search for another 64 GB memory stick at a good
discounted price.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem.

Dave Durber

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Covici"
<covici@...>