Re: Alternative disk management software accessible using a screen-reader

Dave Durber

Hello John:

Following several searches on line, for instructions on how to delete a partition/volume on a USB memory stick, several of which suggested I type the command line:

delete partition

When I tried this command, Windows displayed the message:

No drive is selected.

Then I came across a sight which suggested the command:

clean

which did the trick

Once I closed DiskPart and closed the CMD window, I used the partition and format manager to see if the entire 64 GB was now available as . unalocated space.

I'm sorry to say, for me anyway, the only unalocated space available, was 8 GB.

So, it looks like the rest of the available space between 8 GB an 64 GB no longer exists, that is as far as Windows is concerned.

So, I am off to search for another 64 GB memory stick at a good discounted price.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem.

Dave Durber