Re: List request

I also concur, but find the endless quotation of a group of messages, quite often all of them, no more helpful than nothing at all, and sometimes less so.

When it's obvious from the conversation flow what is being responded to then quotation really isn't necessary.  When it is necessary, retention of the actual thing being responded to, and excision of the rest of it, is most helpful, particularly when conflicting opinions have been offered.

I have been castigated for top quoting a line or two to establish context.  I have no intention of changing that practice when it's needed because it is critical for the reader to know what is being responded to.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz