Re: switching folders in Outlook 2016

Dan Longmore

Ok, I am going to guess that something is corrupt in your install of Outlook.  If you have your data backed up I would do a re install of Outlook .

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 11:56 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: switching folders in Outlook 2016

Hello,

I’m using Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. There are times I switch folders with no problem. There are times I go from one folder to another numerous times by pressing shift F6 to get the listthe of folders. The only thing that shows up is mail and then the word button. I press the space bar or enter key and nothing happens. I then exit Outlook and the cursor is sitting on the Outlook short cut on the desk top. I press enter and it will not go into Outlook. I then press the windows key and type outlook in on the search bar, press enter and nothing happens. I look at the task manager and Outlook is not running. I then go into another app without a problem. I will exit and the cursor is on the desk top on that certain app. I move down to Outlook and press enbter. Nothing happens. I then restart and still cannot get into Outlook. I continue to mess around going into and out of apps. Eventually I can get into Outlook. What could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Kevin