Re: difficulty uploading large file

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is now solved.  There was something wrong with the rar file and switching to a zip file did the trick.

Cheers

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Friday, 26 October 2018 2:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: difficulty uploading large file

How big is the file?

You may try to split your RAR’s to smaller file sizes,!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: difficulty uploading large file

Thanks to those who replied to my query about a rar upload problem.

I have also uploaded to a  free file transfer site

Wetransfer.com

which resulted in the same problem so it looks like the fault is at my end.

Will investigate further.

Cheers

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: October 23, 2018 12:02 AM
Subject: difficulty uploading large file

Hi,

Using latest Filezilla,I am attempting to upload a fairly large rar file to an FTP site and although the file test extracts  on my system without errors, it will not extract at the other end.  This has been attempted numerous times with the same result.

Does anyone know if this is because of the rar format being used or some other problem. What if the zip or some other format was used instead.

Failing that, how  can I use one of the sites where a file can be uploaded   and then downloaded by another person? Although I have used one of these sites to download a file, I know nothing about uploading a file and making it available for another person.

Thanks

Tom

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.