From: Val Paul [mailto:vpcara79@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, Oct 25, 2018 11:34 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: signing in after start up

How do you get the shut down sound, and how do you get to the start
can't seem to find that.

Val.

On 25/10/2018 16:31, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I was on the Windows Insider program with this laptop and have 1809
installed. So far I noticed that the shutdown sound plays a lot more
consistently than before. I had enabled it by creating an elevated
task in the Task Scheduler application although I believe there is
also a registry hack available which would be easier.
Having said this I'd like to remind people that just because you hear
the shutdown sound the computer has shut down. Just a couple of days
ago I shut down my laptop in the morning, the shutdown sound played
and I didn't check further. When I came back from work that evening my
wife saw that the laptop was still on beccause some program which was
running had blocked the shutdown and prompted me to either Force the
Shutdown or to Cancel and save my work before trying again. Sometime
this dialogue speaks, but I find it is not always the case.

Regards,
Sieghard