Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: Trying to format a krupt usb stick

I'm not quite sure what "corrupt" means in this instance.

It is possible for thumb/jump/flash drives used to create bootable media can seem to lose a lot of the capacity they once had.  The folks who created MemTest86 have a lesser known utility, ImageUSB, that has as its primary purpose creating multiple bootable USB drives using the same ISO image at one time.  It can also be used, however, to reclaim that "lost" space on those drives that experience it by using the "Zero USB drive" option in the utility.

I've had 2 USB thumb drives that have had the "lost capacity" issue after being used to create bootable media and using ImageUSB to zero them out again has reclaimed it each time.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz