Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Richard B. McDonald

Right!  OK, I’ll give this a try!  Thanks!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Hello.

Yes, ssd's are divided into sectors and they can have errors.  These errs have different causes, but they can still happen.  Usually a file system error is caused by windows doing something it shouldn't have.  My last fight with a file system error happened on the ssd of this machine.

On 10/21/2018 05:05, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Chris!

Huh, this is interesting.  Well, my c: drive is a solid state drive (SSD).  Does error checking appertain to an SSD as it does as regards a hard disk drive (HDD)?  Does an SSD have “sectors” as does an HDD?

Thanks,

Richard