Re: Paste Special in Word 2016

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

What is paste special versus just paste?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Paste Special in Word 2016

IN word, the hotkey is control+alt+v.
The following is from the Office support page after searching for "past
special in word 2016."
Using Paste Special

Like pictures and other objects, text in a presentation has its own
formatting - such as typeface, color, and font size. When you copy text that
has different formatting into an Office program, the program, such as
PowerPoint or Word, automatically reformats that text to match the text of
the destination. However, you can use Paste Special to maintain the original
formatting or paste it as a link or a picture, for example.

list of 3 items
1. Cut or copy the slide, picture, text, or object that you want to paste.

2. Click in your Office file at the place you wish to insert that item.

3. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the arrow under Paste,
click Paste Special, and then choose one of the options below.

Paste Special menu

Tip: If you'd prefer to use the keyboard you can press CTRL+ALT+V to invoke
Paste Special.

HTH,
Richard

"Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under
pressure." - Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D