Re: Free Windows 10 update

Unless something has changed very recently, and I mean within the last 5 days or so, one can still do a free upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.

I have done several recently, using these instructions (but where the initial steps, up through kicking off setup.exe for Win10, occur from within whatever version of Windows you currently have and are trying to upgrade):

                             Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files (though you'll be installing, not reinstalling)
                             NOTE:  You do NOT need to follow the instruction regarding turning off Secure Boot.  It is superfluous.

Has been working like a charm for months now.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz