Re: Office 365 Excel 2016 and Jaws 2018 Issues

James Lockwood <lockwoodnd@...>

Worst thing about office 2016 is the auto correct button is taken out of the spellcheck dialogue area. So it is impossible to add new items to the auto correct list automatically by just clicking a button

On Oct 16, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Brian Prewitt <bprewitt@msblind.org> wrote:

I do agree that we will have to move to Excel 2016 sooner rather than later. So, it sounds like they have moved things from the context menu into the ribbon.
On Oct 16, 2018, at 11:03 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Well, he will have to learn where to find it or remember the shortcut keys, column width is Alt+H followed by O and W
Also, I believe there are ways to add things to the context menu with various ttweaks, you'd have to Google this, but I'm almost certain I read there is a way to add things to the context menu.
I found it took a bit to get used to Office 2013 and later 2016 which isn't so different, but it was quite a change from Office 2010, but you can't stay on 2010 forever so one might as well deal with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Prewitt
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 365 Excel 2016 and Jaws 2018 Issues

He uses Excel, Outlook, and Word primarily. The ribbon is in Excel 2010. He reports the column width is no longer in the context menu in Excel 2016.
On Oct 16, 2018, at 10:41 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

What other applications do you or your employee need to use? If it's primarily Office then upgrading to Windows 10 is fine, it is very stabil and Office works well.
I know you mentioned he can't change the width of columns and so on, if he came from Excel 2010, are you sure he knows how to do it, if I remember correctly, didn't Excel 2010 still use menus or di dit have ribbon menus already?
If he has to use older applications and if he uses the Jaws cursor a lot there is a good chance he will lose that in Windows 10.