Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Sieghard. I did try that keystroke, and it does work. Fodusing on the element that requires a click, then using the Left Mouse JAWS click also works.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

Have yu tried the Jaws Mouseover keysroke, Jaws Key+Control+Enter? If you do that keystroke and you hear “change at line 23” where 23 is just a random number I picked as an example, then use “j”, the jump command” and type in 23 and press enter, then down arrow to see if the options are there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:47 PM

Hi, Brian. I think I have discovered what the announcement in JAWS about a popup is. I went to Barnes and Noble, and it told me that the link for “My Account” has a popup. I didn’t know how to get the site to show me the options, so I called Customer Service. They told me that it is a link which requires hovering over the item with the mouse. I tried using the Left Mouse button on the NumPad, and it opened up the items under “My Account”. Just clicking on the link itself didn’t open the options. So I think that “Has a popup” means that it is a hover link.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:33 PM

Bill,

It just hit me that you said this was in Firefox Options.  If you can tell me how you're navigating to where the problem occurs, and what you're searching for, that would be helpful.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.