Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

Hi Bill,

I just tried this in FireFox > Options and if I type for, example, “privacy” and press enter it seems to put me in application mode, if you get out of it by pressing the PC cursor a couple of times and then simply down arrow you should find the options/search results. Yes, it says “privacy, has popup”, but I don’t think this really means much.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

I’m on the same version as yourself. I’m using JAWS 2018, and when I go to General, in Options, it says,

Find an option, has popup.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

What version of Firefox?   I'm on 62.0.3.

When I open Options, and I'm using NVDA right now, it just announces "Unknown" when I'm in the search box, which is where you land by default, and I can tab out of it to items on the page.  If I return to that edit box it announces it has auto complete.  When I try to look for a frame I get that there are none.

I really can't explain why JAWS would be reporting a "Pop up" and I'm imagining that this might be how "has auto complete" is being reported for some odd reason.  There is definitely no pop up.  As you type characters into that search box what is displayed keeps getting more and more limited based on what you've entered (provided there's a match).  For example, as I type the first five letters of "language" the display keeps changing until the only thing I have is language options.  I can tab out of the search box to the Choose Language button and the checkbox related to spell checking.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.