Re: keystrokes for pop-ups

Maria Campbell

Personally, I don't think auto complete is too much.  Just saying.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Success is having the courage to meet failure without being defeated.

On 10/12/2018 1:15 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Bill,

           Thank you very much for having taken the time to report back about your conversation with Vispero.

           I also hope that they have taken on board that this description of "pop up" is very ill suited to the situation at hand.  I'd go for "fill-in options present" or something if autocomplete is considered too much (but if it is, my phrase would be, too).

           It also seems to me that a great many JAWS users never, ever bother to learn about or try the different verbosity options.  I've never quite understood why this is and I've worked with folks who have used JAWS for decades who have beginner verbosity, complain about the intrusiveness of it, and when I ask about whether they've ever tried the other settings I get a variant on, "You mean you can set JAWS to talk less?"   Most of my clients happen to be beginners who need beginner level verbosity, but I always mention that as they become more comfortable and more skilled they may want to ratchet JAWS verbosity back.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back