Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

paul lemm

Hi,

Thanks Bill, I’ll see if I can use a similar technique in chrome to stop the download  progress being spoken. Its handy to know for IE though, since occasionally I do get it in IE too where it speaks download progress, but its not all the time, next time it does though I’ll try your trick. Thanks again.

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 11 October 2018 16:36
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

Hi, Paul. I don’t use chrome. Even with Internet Explorer, there have been times where I have gotten download percentages. I don’t know if Chrome works this way, but the way I stopped download percentages in IE is to press ALT plus N for the info bar, then cycle through the options with Tab. Once I do that, I stop hearing the progress.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:52 AM

Morning Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I still need to use jaws in other programs whilst its downloading, so turning off the speech isn’t really an option for  me. thanks for the suggestion though, I think I’ll just have to revert to downloading  really big files through IE, since that doesn’t give me the progress updates. Its not a big deal to  have to do it this way, I  just thought I’d ask in case there was a way of shutting it off in chrome.

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 10 October 2018 22:51

Hi, Paul. I think the only way to stop the announcements is to turn off JAWS speech with INSERT plus SPACE, followed by S.

For this to work, you must go into your default configuration file for JAWS, and turn Less Speech options from Speech On Demand to Mute Speech.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:37 PM

Hi,

I tried the jaws quick settings for chrome with jaws key and V,  I managed to find the  progress bar  option, I’ve changed it to silent , but I’m still getting the ‘alert downloading, 2 hours left’ message. Thanks for the idea none the less, any other suggestions that might stop the announcements?

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 10 October 2018 21:39

When in Chrome, do Insert V to open the JAWS settings for Chrome. Near the bottom of the tree view, you’ll find the progress bar verbosity settings.   You can either turn them off or I think you can change how often they let you know of the progress.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:40 PM
Subject: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

hi,

wondering if anyone can help, I use chrome  as my main web browser , but when I download files  every minute                 or there about jaws updates me on the download progress, this isn’t a problem for small files, but if I want to download something that will take an hour or two constantly getting the download update gets a little annoying.  Is there any setting I can alter to stop jaws constantly reading the download progress?

Paul

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.