Re: GDP Pocket2

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I can’t see a reason why this wouldn’t work, though I’m no technical expert.  I’ve wanted to implement something like this, don’t feel able to invest in it at present, but think it is worth exploring and reporting the results. The concept has great potential.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Meyer
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: GDP Pocket2

Can anyone give me any thoughts on running Jaws with a Focus Blue 14 Braille display on a GDP Pocket2 small laptop.  I will include the IndieGoGo link which has all of the specs at the end of my email.

I am running an ElBraille for note taking needs right now, but I find it to be slow using office 365, and I have a hard time performing windows updates with the 30GB hard drive on the ElBraille.

It looks like I would trade the convenience of having my Braille display docked in the ElBraille for a faster experience on the GDP Pocket2, and gain a mini keyboard and screen.  The GDP Pocket2 is less expensive than the ElBraille as well.

I would appreciate any feedback from some of you who know more about processor speed and performance.

Here is a link to the GDP Pocket2 specs.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-pocket2-7-0-umpc-laptop-win-10-os#/

Randy Meyer