Re: Help with jaws settings

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

uh reads things that are highlighted?
it does less than all and a lot more than none.

At 10:49 PM 1/10/2012, you wrote:
Hi,

When you do the insert+S what is the highlighted option suppose too do? I
tried it and couldn't really see what it was doing.

Dondi

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Farfar on Laptop
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 6:09 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Help with jaws
settings

Rik,

A number of things here...

Insert + s is a global setting that is maintained regardless of what
applications you run. It sticks until you change it back, or until you
reload JAWS. It should not change when you switch from one application to
another.

Ditto for typing echo.

Both screen echo and typing echo can be set individually in a configuration
file for a specific application. If you would rather have screen echo set to

none for a particular application, then use the settings center to make and
save that change. Much better to do it that way if you want it to happen all

the time.

Insert+Space and the letter S completely shuts down JAWS from any speech --

almost the same as exiting JAWS, but just a lot quicker to turn it back on
again. So of course your typing is quiet -- just as is any other JAWS
information that might be spoken, such as reading a line of text in an
E-Mail. I personally don't like to use this mode, as I'm not comfortable
with a situation when my computer appears to be unresponsive. I guess I like

noise.

Dave Carlson