Re: May need alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader

Joseph Norton

Hi Bill:

I updated to the fall build of Windows 10 (actually, I did a full
install), and, I had the same result you did with Adobe Reader DC. It
now goes to 100 per cent reading that document. I'll try it with some
others too.

Weird how that one thing fixed it.

Thanks again for the tip.

On 10/4/18, Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bill thanks very much for the tip
On Oct 4, 2018, at 3:40 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

Hi, Joseph. This is concerning your problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC,
and Windows 10, getting stuck at 89 percent. I recently upgraded my
computer from Windows 10, version 1803 to version 1809, (OS Build
17763.1). Since upgrading, I rescanned the Using FreeDos pdf with which
you were having trouble, when Adobe Reader was set to “Infer Reading Order
From Document”. Now that I have upgraded, the document no longer gets
stuck at 89 percent. If you upgrade your system to Windows 10, version
1809 through the System Updates under Settings>Update And Security, It
would be safe now for you to scan your pdf with the default settings in
Adobe Reader DC. You no longer need to use “Use Reading Order In Raw Print
Stream. The document will scan slower, but you might get a better
rendering of the document. This is because the default setting, “Infer
Reading Order From Document”, observes and processes the document with any
tags within the document.