Re: Sound after Win 10 1809 update

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks Jonas,

I did a Dell Bios update this morning and the sound isn’t quite so tin-can like.

Would you recommend the Dell Audio manager?

That does not seem to be present on my system.

Thanks,

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 5:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Sound after Win 10 1809 update

Well, you can chek in your sound setting and see if turn off all enhancements are unchekt!

Did you get  the dell update tool?

Try to see if you may have a Bios update!

Do you have the Dell audio maneger installed?

Only other you may try is to uninstall the drivers and re install!

FYi, Intel® display audio,is probably  like an HBMI audio and a Realtek Audio, is probley your 3.5 MM audio!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:25 PM

Jonas,

Under the sound, video and game controller in Device Manager, I have listed: Intel® display audio, and a Realtek Audio.

I’ve had no luck with updating drivers, in fact, it says no driver is needed or installed for the Realtek audio.

I’m not sure explaining this to Microsoft Accessibility will get me very far, but any suggestions left?

Thanks,

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:11 AM

Yes I had the same problem, I installed the Dell sound drivers!

You can get from Dell web site or use the Dell update manager

FYI, check your device maneger and see if the sound is using Windows drivers or Dell drivers!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:54 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Sound after Win 10 1809 update

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and after updating to version 1809, the sound quality is in the toilet.

It sounds like someone talking through a tin can.

This is one of those built-in sound cards that have almost know adjustability.

Anyone else finding this?

Richard

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.