Re: Using Macrium Reflect Version 7 to Take A Full System Image Backup

David Bailes

Hi Brian,
thanks for the information. I had previously tried Macrium reflect using a standard user account, and found it to be inaccessible using screen readers. But having read your post, I tried it using an admin account, and found that it was accessible, as you've said.
I've used Macrium relect for quite a while, and it seems to have a good reputation.

David.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 04:13 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
There has been much discussion on several groups about an entirely accessible backup utility with regard to actually taking a full system image backup.  I have yet to find a backup and recovery utility that is 100% accessible in all respects, but Macrium Reflect, Version 7, is 100% accessible for creating a full system image backup for "the typical user" who keeps the typical disc arrangement under Windows where all OS files and user data files are on the C: drive.

Given what's been happening over the last several days with the Windows 10 Version 1809 feature update it is really critical to take a full system image backup before it is applied.

Here's the link to download the step-by-step instructions, along with notes about setting things up, in MS-Word format:

Using Macrium Reflect With a Screen Reader To Take a Full System Image Backup

You should be presented with a Save dialog shortly after activating the link.

I went through this process from beginning to end using NVDA to control everything.  I cannot imagine that things should be different in JAWS and possibly even Narrator.  If there are any significant differences that you encounter please share them on this topic.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back