Re: JAWS 2019 Beta 2

I should have mentioned that the size of the installer is down from around 180 Mb to now around 100 or 101 Mb, but obviously required components are downloaded during the installation. Nonetheless on all of my PC’s which I have upgraded the installation took anywhere from 1.5 to 3 minutes and it seems faster than ever. But I am also a beta tester and one person in particular has reported the install took 12 minutes for him even though he has apparently a very fast fibre internet connection. Most people however report pretty fast install times.

I didn’t check if the offline installer is already being offered, but if not then eventually it will be, this however is still OS specific, e.g. 32 bit and 64 bit, but it’s I think a 600 or 700 Mb download but then everything from OCR components to all languages are included allowing for installation without any internet connection. I think this is primarily meant for organisations where employees may not be allowed to download/install stuff from the internet, I don’t see much use for it personally since the regular installer which download during the install process works so well.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:11 AM
To: Main@JFW.Groups.IO
Subject: JAWS 2019 Beta 2

Does anyone know when it is expected?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.