Re: word count in MS word document

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The Jaws command Jaws Key+NumPad3 simply reads the status line and while this includes the number of pages and words, it does not give you the same detailed information you may want by going to Review > Wordcount with Alt+R followed by W as Brian already pointed out. I opened a Word document and wrote “This is a test” without the quotation marks of course. Pressing Jaws Key+NumPad3 says the following (I only included the first parts of what is spoken):

Page Number Page 1 of 1

Word Count 4 words

If I press Alt+R W I get this (you have to use the Jaws cursor to review the information):

Word Count

Statistics:

Pages 1

Words 4

Characters (no spaces) 12

Characters (with spaces) 15

Paragraphs 1

Lines 1

Include textboxes, footnotes and endnotes checkbox checked

Close

Regards,

Sieghard