Re: Making JAWS announce shortcut sequences

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Brian,

In Word options on the Advanced tab press, Alt + H, to go to, Show shortcut keys in screen tips, and check this box if it isn't checked.  Now see if this helps with the problem you're having.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: Making JAWS announce shortcut sequences

Update:  Sadly, tweaking the access keys settings to all didn't change a thing.

I know darned well that at one time when you traversed the ribbon the "end of shortcut" sequence for the control on which you've landed was announced.  I rely on that as far as a student's ability to keep adding to their own "greatest hits" list as they find controls they use all the time.  It doesn't help to know if, for instance, in Microsoft Word that the font is in the Home Ribbon, Font Group, and that you can get to it "the long way" each time rather than knowing that if you hit ALT+H,FF will instantly take you there.  I need that FF to somehow be announced when you land on that control, and NVDA still does it by default.  I know JAWS can, too.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.