Before I go to bed here's a set of steps to try to see if they help:
From: Carlos
To enable System Restore do the following.

1. Press Windows key+R to open the "Run" dialog.

2. Type, SystemPropertiesProtection, followed by Enter.

3. When the "System Properties" dialog opens, make sure that the
"System Protection" tab is selected.

4. Tab until you find the list and select your system drive.

5. If it says
"On",
then System Restore is already enabled.  If it says
"Off",
tab to the
"Configure"
button and select it.

6. Select the
"Turn on system protection"
radio button.

7. Use the
"Max Usage"
slider to select how much drive space you want to be used for restore
points.  I would recommend at least 5 to 10 percent, but if you have a large
drive then you can set it higher if you prefer.

8. Select the
"OK"
button twice to close the
"System Protection"