Re: Accessible Business Management Software

Cristóbal

Many moons ago, I recall a similar thread popping up regarding accounting software on an old list, Someone recommended Cash Manager: https://cashmanager.io/us/
Indeed, if I remember correctly a Cash Manager rep even popped up to explain that they take care to insure that their application is accessible. https://cashmanager.io/us/accessibility
I know Quickbooks has the name recognition and majority market share, but it can't hurt to try an alternative. After all, numbers are numbers and everything else to a degree is just noise.
I don't use the product since my wife handles the books, so I can't speak as to how accessible Cash Manager is or if they've maintained their commitment to accessibility, but there you go.
As Sieghard points out though, unless you have a foundation or some sort of knowledge in accounting, it really won't matter what you choose.

Cristóbal

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible Business Management Software

Yes, Quickbooks is not free software and the scripts which you need for it to be accessible cost several hundred Dollars. No good solution for something like this will most likely be free.
There is also Quickbooks Online which is a subscription service. It is quite accessible at this point, apparently even more so on an iOS device and Quickbooks takes accessibility quite serious and they are working constantly on making the service work even better. Keep in mind, though, that Quickbooks is primarily an accounting package and while just as with any good accounting package you can track customers and suppliers, if you don't know at least some basics of accounting it maybe difficult to learn it and there will definitely be a good bit of learning involved and you might want to consider inquiring about Quickbooks courses.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:39 AM

the link was broken. try this repaired one:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/technology-and-security/complete-guide-to-protecting-customer-data/

-------- Original Message --------
From: Annabelle Susan Morison [mailto:foristnights@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, Oct 3, 2018 5:19 AM EST
Subject: Accessible Business Management Software

I couldn't click on the link. Was it turned off? Also, does QuickBooks have to be purchased? If so, how much does it cost?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 9:03 PM

To second John,
Read This:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/technology-and-security/complete-guide-to-pr
otecting-customer-data/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 11:35 PM

Don't store credit card numbers on your computer!! If you do, you will have to be pci compliant and that is a pain in the neck. Use a processing service instead, like stripe.com -- for a low volume operation this is quite nice.

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 21:55:14 -0400,
Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] Is QuickBooks good at managing information that is otherwise confidential? In other words, things like credit card numbers? Like what computers do when they mask a password with circle characters?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of HH.
Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 6:49 PM

Hi

There is QuickBooks with script sat:

MyBlindSpot

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:12 PM
Subject: Accessible Business Management Software

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I know this might sound complicated, but I'm wondering, do any of you JAWS members out there know if there's a software that works with JAWS, with which I can manage customer accounts? When I start my company making products and services that are accessible for people of all abilities, I want to be able to have an accessible software for managing customers' information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, order numbers, and receipts, for when they want to purchase a product or service from my company. I guess you could say I'm thinking of a software for management of customers' orders. Are there any good business management softwares out there that work well with JAWS?

--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.