Re: Navigating Favorites With Chrome

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 03:25 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

I don’t understand the rationale for the inconsistent behavior;

Any ideas?

I would uninstall the Google Chrome Browser, followed by a system Restart, then reinstall Chrome and see if that fixes it.

I don't doubt that there are occasional webpages that contain scripting that hoses up the normal behavior of Chrome (and, potentially, other browsers) but you seem to be experiencing this far more frequently than anyone else does.  There are sometimes idiosyncratic corruptions in a Chrome installation and an uninstall/reinstall can sometimes fix those.

If you use Chrome with extensions, I would consider starting up with all extensions disabled and see if the behavior persists.  If it doesn't, then use the "disable half" of your extension and restart Chrome to see if the behavior persists.   If it does, then reenable all the ones you had disabled and disable the other half.  When you restart, you should have the behavior disappear.  Then start re-enabling by halves/disabling by halves until you zero in on the extension that's the culprit.

It's the same concept as the Windows clean boot process where you keep doing stepwise elimination by halves to zero in on an issue-causing startup process.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back