Re: Navigating Favorites With Chrome

Steve Nutt

Also, remember that all the sites you visit, the most recent ones are on your Chrome home page.  This often negates the need for bookmarks.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 02 October 2018 04:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Navigating Favorites With Chrome

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 10:50 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

I tried importing my Firefox bookmarks into Chrome and while they were uploaded, they're now buried in the imported bookmarks subfolder of the subfolder of the Chrome menu bar. I mean come on? How practical is that?

It seems to be becoming "the thing" to nest imported bookmarks in a given browser in a folder that indicates where they were imported from.  I agree that this is annoying and not something I want.

And Chrome's Bookmark Manager function is not as "multi-select and move en-masse" friendly as that in Firefox or others.  I just tried the Chrome Bookmarks manager and it's become what seems to be 100% drag and drop driven.

I almost never use bookmarks, per se, as if I start entering a URL or a distinct part of it, and it's bookmarked or I've visited it before, it virtually always shows up in one of the first several items returned by the URL search.  I point and click on the one I want but I teach my clients to type something they believe will be "kinda distinctive," arrow down then back up once (so you catch the first item returned, otherwise it seems all screen readers miss is) then if that's not it down arrow a few times to see if what you're looking for is in the returned search results.  It's typically before result 5 if it's something you use with relative frequency.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.