Re: Making JAWS load faster

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Bill,

I said the steps might be different because when opening msconfig in Windows 10 and going to the start-up tab, you are told to open the Task Manager, and there it's much different than in Windows 7 where all the files to turn on or off are right there in a list in the start-up tab of Win7.  I don't recall if you turn everything off that shows in the msconfig / Start-up tab / task manager, then turn the items on in the order you want them, if they will be put in that order in the task manager of Win10.  I believe that Task Manager in Win 10 has a different ordering system than in msconfig / Start-up of Win7.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: Making JAWS load faster

Hi, Mike. I didn’t see the reasons why this won’t work with Windows 8 and 10 below your steps.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 10:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Making JAWS load faster

Hi Bill,

Although Windows 10 is a little different these steps will give you a good idea on what to do in Win 10.

Note: The steps below were performed running Windows 7 & JAWS versions 15 thru 18.  These steps won't work with Windows 8 or 10, & why they won't is below
my steps.
For those of you that have Jaws set to start at the Windows log-in screen, but it doesn't, this might work for you.  I looked in, msconfig, & found that
JAWS Freedom Scientific wasn't at the top of the list on the Start-up Page / Tab, so this is what I did.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, *msconfig*, without the stars, & press enter.
3. Press, control + tab, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. I arrowed down the list, & unchecked any items above, JAWS Freedom Scientific, on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, & nothing else.  Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going to
recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, & press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page / Tab, check the items / programs that you unchecked previously, & repeat step #5.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer starts.  I did the above steps on 4 different computers, both desktop & lattop, &I'm
not going to say it works everytime, but it sure works most of the time, which I can say is a damn site better than before I followed the above steps.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 9:12 AM

Subject: Making JAWS load faster

Some time ago, someone on this list gave tips for putting JAWS at the top of the Startup list in Windows. Can someone repost these steps for reorganizing the order of startup programs so that JAWS loads first?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.