From: Mike B. [mailto:mike9902@...]
Sent: Monday, Oct 1, 2018 1:33 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Making JAWS load faster

Hi Bill,
Although Windows 10 is a little different these steps will give you a
good idea on what to do in Win 10.
Note: The steps below were performed running Windows 7 & JAWS versions
15 thru 18.  These steps won't work with Windows 8 or 10, & why they
won't is below
my steps.
For those of you that have Jaws set to start at the Windows log-in
screen, but it doesn't, this might work for you.  I looked in, ,
& found that
JAWS Freedom Scientific wasn't at the top of the list on the Start-up
Page / Tab, so this is what I did.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, *msconfig*, without the stars, & press enter.
3. Press, control + tab, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. I arrowed down the list, & unchecked any items above, JAWS Freedom
Scientific, on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, &
nothing else.  Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are
going to
recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to,
Restart, & press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will
notice that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page /
Tab, check the items / programs that you unchecked previously, & repeat
step #5.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer
starts.  I did the above steps on 4 different computers, both desktop &
lattop, &I'm
not going to say it works everytime, but it sure works most of the time,
which I can say is a damn site better than before I followed the above
steps.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.