Re: Email

Don Walls

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 17 on my PC and the system regularly speaks “Windows Live Mail” but, as I indicated earlier, very occasionally I hear “Outlook Express.”  One of those mystical JAWS happenings!!

Don

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 9:42 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Email

Don,

            I am presuming this current topic is a spin off of your earlier query regarding the Windows 10 Mail App and asking for a tutorial.  I'm also presuming I might be the Brian you're addressing.

            I have no idea why JAWS might occasionally say "Outlook Express" if you're actually using Windows Live Mail, particularly one of the later versions, but if you know that's what you're using it's probably some peculiarity about timing and what gets exposed to the screen reader for reading at a split second in time.

            If you're using the Windows 10 Mail App I would hope there's never be mention of Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail in any way, shape, or form.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back