Re: Accessing attachments in outlook 2016

Kimber Gardner

Yes, I can save through the file menu in the manner that you describe. But I don’t always want to save every attachment that I receive, and I would like to view it before I decide whether I want to save it or not. Is there a way to do this?

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Sep 27, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Cathy <clschmitt@...> wrote:

Are you able to save through the file menu?
Alt F
Save attachments
Tab to arrangements
Arrow to document you want to save
Press enter
Select folder where you would like to save the document

I have the same set up as you do. I am able to follow the above steps and also see the option you mention to save all attachments.

Cathy

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:07 PM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Accessing attachments in outlook 2016

Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide instructions.

My office has recently upgraded to outlook 2016 in conjuction with office 365. Whenever I get an email with one or more attachments, the only way I can access them is by doing a save all attachments. I see a button that says attachments but pressing space or enter on it seems to have no effect. In previous versions of outlook I could back tab to the attachments then press enter to activate. This no longer seems to work. Back tabbing takes me only to that infernal button. What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Kim

--
Kimberly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.