Re: labeling buttons on webpages invirtual cursor mode

Michal Nowicki

Sometimes, I am able to get JAWS to recognize custom labels for the same control across pages on the same website, but I have not figured out why it works on some occasions, but not on others. Also, if the web developer updates the relevant controls, my custom labels for those controls no longer work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: labeling buttons on webpages invirtual cursor mode

Yes. That’s exactly how it works. Controls don’t label across new pages. Only the labels for the labelled page are stored. This is inconvenient, but one never knows if the controls or buttons will remain consistent across new pages, so each page must be custom labelled.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of mike mcglashon
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: labeling buttons on webpages invirtual cursor mode

Ok,

Here’s what I found.

I am using a website called “oyez” where one can listen and download audio recordings of supreme court arguments.

Te issue is when I pull up the “oral argument -month, day, year”,

There comes up a player at the bottom of the screen with five “unlabeled 0” buttons.

I was able to label the buttons on one case whilst having it up there for listening or downloading,

However, when I pulled up another case,

The labels are gone; like jaws forgot because it may think that the new case is in fact a new page?

Is this how it works?

Or, is it supposed to work that once the buttons are labeled, it should remember them no matter which case I bring up.

I do understand that there domains of sorts, where eve n though the site has many pages, they look the same to you and i.

I hope I have explained it correctly;

Thank you muchly for any assistance to be rendered.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.