Re: labeling buttons on webpages invirtual cursor mode

Michal Nowicki

Sometimes, I am able to get JAWS to recognize custom labels for the same control across pages on the same website, but I have not figured out why it works on some occasions, but not on others. Also, if the web developer updates the relevant controls, my custom labels for those controls no longer work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: labeling buttons on webpages invirtual cursor mode

Yes. That’s exactly how it works. Controls don’t label across new pages. Only the labels for the labelled page are stored. This is inconvenient, but one never knows if the controls or buttons will remain consistent across new pages, so each page must be custom labelled.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...