Re: how to have jaws speek where a file is located

Hi,

I did not refer in any way to using the Windows search box when I mentioned the Alt+Enter option. If you read my message you find that I am speaking about Windows Explorer, e.g. if you drill down to a subfolder somewhere using Windows Explorer then you are already at the file location.

Yes, if you use the Windows search box to type a file name or part of a file name and it does pop up then Shift+F10 only gives you two options, Open File Location and Copy as Path so I guess in that case an Open File Location exists for a file, but if you are already on said file in Windows Explorer that option does not exist since as I said you are already at the file location and in Windows Explorer only shortcuts have an Open File Location option in the context menu.

I rarely use the application key since most of my keyboards don’t even have one and I have gotten so used to Shift+F10 that even on the one keyboard where I do have an application key I don’t usually use it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to have jaws speek where a file is located

Shift-f10 does sometimes give one more options. For example, focusing on one of my documents (a txt file) and pressing the applications key gives a whole host of options, and in this case, I can verify that when I press shift-f10 I have a “copy as path” option that wasn’t present in the other menu. This is only one example but I have definitely noted this before. Yes, it does not seem terribly efficient or intuitive.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: September 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Hmm, I always was under the impression that if you have an application key and it actually works as such then it makes no difference if you press it, Shift+F10 or if a sighted person does a right click. Can other Windows experts comment on what Mike calls the “extended context menu”?

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Hi Nino,

If the copy path option isn't available in the regular context menu try pressing, Shift + F10, to open the extended context menu.  I don't have a Windows 10 computer available to me right now, but in Windows 7 the copy path option is in the extended context menu.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:19 AM

Once the file is highlighted, use your applications key and select one of the following:

Open file location

Copy full path

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:32 AM
Subject: how to have jaws speek where a file is located

Tood morning:

I am trying to locate a file on the computer I press the windows key and let up on it and type part of the name

Windows will show me there is a file on the computer but it wont speek the location of the file on the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.