Re: [Bulk] [Bulk] Help with jaws settings

deadcatbounce <JAWS@...>

Rik, I feel your pain. I only know what I know with JAWS, and that's probably very little compared to most of the people on here. Still not exactly sure what you were trying to do, but I keep my typing echo set to none and my screen echo to highlighted. Not sure why for the latter, though. I've never experimented with the other settings...

----- Original Message -----
From: <rixmix2009@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Help with jaws settings

Oh, my apologies, Dave, and list.
I was being lazy.
I write that email, then I go and look up the keystroke in Jaws help.
I see. INSERT + S is for Screen Echo. INSERT + the number 2 is for Typing echo.
Got it.

I can reach up for the number 2 and hit it until it says "None." Or I can hit INSERT + SPACEBAR and press S to turn ON and OFF the speech in general.

I need to review all I do not know. I need to learn more and stop being so lazy.
Or just get my pea brain on board more of the time.

I really do not quite understand what Screen Echo is, exactly.
So I need to just find a bit of time to do nothing else but review all of the stuff in that there JAWS Help program.
Maybe some of it will sink in and I will be a smarter user of the program.

Thanks.
Rik