From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, Septem ber 25, 2018 3:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using an external numeric keypad with Jaws and encountering some problems

I know I can do this, but it then kind of defeats the purpose and convenience intended by having the external keypad with the extra going back and forth and additional step.

I don’t mind trying another model if it perhaps makes a difference, but if these are universal issues, then what would the point be then?

I was hoping there were some Jaws users with a numbers/accounting background who maybe know of a particular external pad that doesn’t present these issues or if there’s some sort of keymapping/overriding one can do get get it to work as intended.

When numlock is set to off, then when it’s used as the traditional navigation keypad, everything works quite well, but that would be reduntant. I’m not inclined to use the external pad as the navigation keys and the laptop/desktop keyboard numpad as the 10-key either.

Thanks anyway.

Cristóbal