From: Peter Tesar [mailto:ptesar@ca.inter.net]
Sent: Monday, Sep 24, 2018 10:34 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Thunderbird: how to turn off the automatic getting of mail on
startup?

Hello List,

I remember turning off this Thunderbird option when first starting to
use Thunderbird. I don't know what TB version it was but it was during
Windows 7.

I have just had to install Thunderbird to a new PC. Now I'm using TB
version 52.

I've gone through the TB options, to change the settings to my
preferences. I cannot find where to turn off the automatic getting of
mail on the startup of Thunderbird.

I prefer to start TB to finish dealing with the unread messages. Then,
at my convenience,  I press the F5 to get new messages.

Is the option gone from TB version 52?

Thanks for any help.

Peter T.