Thunderbird: how to turn off the automatic getting of mail on startup?

Peter Tesar

Hello List,

I remember turning off this Thunderbird option when first starting to use Thunderbird. I don't know what TB version it was but it was during Windows 7.

I have just had to install Thunderbird to a new PC. Now I'm using TB version 52.

I've gone through the TB options, to change the settings to my preferences. I cannot find where to turn off the automatic getting of mail on the startup of Thunderbird.

I prefer to start TB to finish dealing with the unread messages. Then, at my convenience,  I press the F5 to get new messages.

Is the option gone from TB version 52?

Thanks for any help.

Peter T.