Re: JAWS not speaking on Windows 10 logon screen

Dan Longmore

 HP puts up some wallpaper before the logon screen, Mike Dell does not do that that’s why think this is unique to HP. This gives jaws part of the problem at logon. May want to try narrator or as I mentioned earlier shortcut keys at start up.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Edward Green <ergreen1981@...>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 3:11:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS not speaking on Windows 10 logon screen

Hi Dan and others,

Thanks for responding. It's useful to hear that others are experiencing this issue too.

Yes Dan, I have an HP Ultrabook - the HP Spectre.  Is your machine an HP one too?

Cheers,

Ed

On 23 Sep 2018, at 22:23, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...> wrote:

Yes, when this occurs, which is often, I use my shortcut keys to get JAWS to speak and JAWS then speaks the LogOn screen information.  Do you have an HP machine?  VFO has never given me any great assistance in the matter.  Even if I hit any key JAWS will not speak until I use the shortcut method.  Like you, JAWS is set to start at logon.

Dan