From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Goldwave scripts not loading

latest version of JAWS 2018 and Goldwave running under Windows 7:

when trying to apply any effect to a recording, for example using the sensor effect to bleep out a bad word, JAWS 2018 is not able to read the presets unless I open the dialog with an alt+down arrow. but before I can preview what it sounds like, I have to close the dialog with an
alt+up arrow. very tedious if I want to try another preset or effect.

I contacted Jim Grimsby and he asked me to run JAWS using the accessible Display driver. he said to run JAWS with defaults (at the run dialog, typed jaws2018 /default) but still had the same problem.
however, I did have a hunch to press insert+q and to my surprise, the Goldwave scripts weren't loaded. this wasn't the case when starting JAWS as usual.

what should I do now? the Goldwave scripts are in the user folder ("C:\Users\Mario\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\enu\").