Gmail Web Interface - Quick Location of a Button

Today while working with a client I wanted to get into the Gmail Settings via the web interface.  In order to do this you must activate the Settings Menu Button, which drops down the Settings Button submenu, and you choose the Settings item from it.

In my notes I somehow omitted how I managed to "zero in" on that Settings Menu Button without having to brute force TAB or use a long stream of 'B's to jump from button to button.  I've tried several JAWS Searches on what I had thought was hidden label text for that button, which actually shows a cog icon, but nothing is found.

Does anyone know a way that does not involve brute force navigation to get to that particular button quickly?   In this case we were using the JAWS 2019 beta running on a Windows 7 machine, but given that this is a webpage I doubt that either the JAWS version or the Windows version is critical here.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back